We got many questions about PC requirements for SRTMiniServer
- What is CPU I need for 5 feeds simulteniously ?
- What is GPU I need ?
Ok, before let me note SRTMiniServer does two expensive operations:
- decode incoming feed (from h264 or h265 or mpeg2)
- encode to NDI feed
Let's go over these points
Decode incoming feed
SRTMiniServer allows select "software decode" or "hardware decode"(means GPU). But we recommended use "software" in many cases.
- "hardware" decoding is very sensitive to format. If shortly - NVidia decoder perfect for feed only from NVidia encoder.
- hardware decoder usually has limit for simultaneous session (usually 2-3).
Resume: using CPU for decode is preferable.
Encode to NDI
NDI uses only CPU. No options.
- GPU does not make sense
- CPU is make sense. We recommended use Core i7 or Core i9 and 16 Gb RAM.